Sunday, April 27, 2008

The conundrum...

As my course draws to an end, I face the burning question of how to integrate all this different components of knowledge acquired from my arts, culture and heritage management, heritage studies and environmental policy programmes. The question I keep asking myself is how do I market myself in a way that incorporates all these different streams of knowledge that cut across multiple sectors?

I am in the process of up-dating my curriculum vitae (cv) in a way that highlights these various elements. It is not an easy task at all. I have also found that my cv is too long. No prospective employer has the time to read through reams of paper. Here in the States they just want a very tight and effective summary of your key career accomplishments, objectives and achievements.

It is a real conundrum.....

1 comment:

Mike Kelley said...

All CVs can be condensed down to 2 pages and more can be a reason for rejection

by a potential employer. Different job areas / sectors may warrant a new CV for each area for targeting purposes. The covering letter is used for specific targeting towards individual job vacancies. For more healp contact Mike Kelley at First Impressions CV Writing Service .