Monday, June 22, 2009

A job is a job is a job.......

What does a job mean to us individually? Really? Let's give that question some careful thought. For me a job is not just a meal ticket or the means to paying bills, I have to enjoy what I do and be committed to it. I have the ability to make the most mundane task take on a life of its own. Ideas begin to swirl around in my head, possibilities, opportunities, prospects. But on the other hand I have learned through experience to be realistic about the pros and cons.

I have been employed to manage a gallery with little visibility and a fairly new product. This is both an opportunity and a challenge. An opportunity because the product has not been introduced by any other organization into the market ever before, therefore there are opportunities to chart our own cause and create a new brand. However, there are a few pitfalls in there, hence the challenge. One needs to tread carefully but at the same time be bold in approach to catch the attention of the target market.

A solid foundation needs to be laid and the momentum sustained.

I am looking forward to the challenge.

This is a test of my experience both academic and professional, inherited knowledge, as well as my ability to be adaptable, to make the right decisions, and expand my marketing and business horizons and skills.

No comments: