Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013, a summary of the year past and welcoming the new year

2013 was a year of highs and lows for me, of lessons learned and new experiences. It was also a year in which I received a most precious gift, my daughter. The last half of the year brought some really big challenges but also some very important changes for me. I got into a rut and really needed something to galvanize me. I got involved in some very interesting projects, in particular with Omenka Magazine in the capacity of Joburg Editor. For my first assignment I did a number of interviews, the highlight being an interview with veteran South African contemporary photographer, David Goldblatt against the backdrop of the death of Nelson Mandela on the 5th of December, 2013.

Another highlight of the year was celebrating my father's 80th birthday, it was good to have most of the family together as well well as close friends. It is important to mark these milestones in our parent's lives as we can't be sure that they will make it to the next milestone.

I look forward to what 2014 brings, I suspect that there will be major shifts professionally and personally.
In the meantime I ushered in the new year with a few friends with a lovely lunch in my garden.

Bring it on I say!!!


No comments: