Sunday, May 16, 2010

Another blog, another opportunity to explore who I am and where I come from

Recently, in honour of my father, I started a blog about him. In this blog DI NKA, I explore my relationship to my father, what he means not only to me but to my mother and siblings (from my perspective of course!!) and his contribution to the arts and culture sector in Nigeria.

This journey has brought back many memories of growing up at the Univeristy in Nsukka and of the many things that have happened in my life directly and indirectly because of being my father's daughter.

This for me is also a journey of self-discovery and self-evaluation. Being my father's daughter has brought me so many things both positive and negative but most of all it has brought me joy and security because I have no doubt that he loves me and always will.

No comments: