Saturday, February 2, 2013

Finally!!!

I picked up Thembi today with 3 of my best friends coming along to support me and welcome her home. It was a bit of an anti-climax, I was late, my friend got lost so an 11 o'clock pick-up sort of went into overtime. She was so cute, she just wanted to grab her bag and go. She was the first at the front door and stood there rattling the burgler proof gate. She's a decisive little girl, no procrastination there, she goes for what she wants.

I am in a daze quite frankly, it all seems so surreal. I've had a very stressful 3 weeks trying to get some kind of working leave from my office but the labour laws don't really favour adoptive parents very much so it's every man for himself and God for all. I'm getting there slowly but it's kind of a catch 22 situation, damned if I do, damned if I don't. It'll all work out I guess but frankly I don't need the extra stress.

I guess the whole uncertainty of the leave situation kinda overshadowed what should have been the most exciting and wonderful day of my life. That's life, it happens, deal with it.

It's been a long and exhausting day running after a toddler but it feels great. I celebrated that last day of my single-hood with a bottle of white wine and a lovely salad, just chilling. I thought that was appropriate since I was never really a party animal. Some friends invited me out on Friday night but I decided to pass.

Let's see how I grow as a mother, should be one hell of a ride!! Gosh!! I can't even believe I am someone's mother!! Holy shit!! Excuse my French.

No comments: