Saturday, March 23, 2013

Life is what happens with or without your participation

I consider myself lucky to be surrounded by a wealth of love and support from friends, family even people I don't really know. Every time things get sticky I can count on close friends and family. As the popular saying goes "he who has people is extremely rich". You cannot buy that kind of support and I am very grateful that I have these people and I hope they know they can count on me no matter what.

I value my family and friends a lot because I think that we cannot exist without the people that love, encourage and support us throughout this journey called life. And as I learn more about life through my own experiences and that of others, I treasure these connections even more and I am thankful to God for blessing me with the people around me. My prayer is that they are all well-rewarded and blessed abundantly. I also learned this lesson largely from my father, in his quiet way he has cultivated really great friendships as well as professional relationships. And the goodwill he built is what has sustained us throughout the period of his ill-health. I am constantly surprised by the many generous gestures over the past couple of years.

No comments: