Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's been a while

I have been so busy with my new job as the manager for the Africore Gallery that I really have not had time to post anything new. I also have more obligations in terms of putting information on the web.

Africore Galleries has a face book page, a weblog and a website and just putting information on the face book page alone is time consuming but I love it!! It's wonderful to have all these choices at your disposal and they save you the cost of advertising before your are ready to.

I am almost at the end of my second month at Africore and we need to be moving to the next stage of being self-sustaining. It is a huge responsibility especially in these 'dark' days of recession to be selling a 'luxury' product like paintings. But it can be done, people still do need to have beautiful things around them don't they? We just need to find ways of making these objects of beauty more accessible.

So, I have my thinking cap on and the ideas are coming but of course one has to weed through and pick the most practical and efficient way of actualising these goals.

1 comment:

Emeka Amakeze said...

Congrats on your job while wishing you the best.