Wednesday, February 27, 2013

First steps in the process...

Yesterday my little girl and I went to the Family Court on Market Street in the CBD to meet my social worker and get a court order for temporary safe care. My first steps to gaining legal custody of madam T. She's such a delight to be with, although I've gone through the full spectrum of emotions from happiness to despair but I have been assured that it comes with the territory so I feel much better.

I can't explain the feeling, it is extraordinary and an adventure. She's such an interesting character and she is her own person. Highly intuitive and sensitive to moods and emotions. I am falling more and more in love with her every day and I know as each day passes that I made the right decision even though it is a huge life changing event for me. I am learning new things everyday, most significantly I am learning things about myself I wasn't aware of before now.

I have strapped in my seat belt for the ride of my life!!

No comments: